Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tales from a Terrible Tummy

My stomach has not been behaving well lately. I was blessed enough not to have any really bad morning sickness, but I am making up for that now. I have always had a very sensitive stomach and being pregnant has made it even more sensitive.

Over the last week and a half everything I eat has made me sick. I haven't thrown up, but it feels like it might help. My stomach never stops. It feels like it is digesting non stop, even if I haven't eaten in hours. It is now waking me up in the middle of the night feeling like I have spent the last several hours on the tilt-a-whirl. Usually that feeling is accompanied by my stomach swelling and getting hard like I am carrying a baby elephant not a baby boy.

We have tried just about every remedy that we can think of. Usually these things have worked in the past when my stomach has thrown fits, but nothing seems to be doing the trick. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas to help or am I just going to have to tough it out until our little man comes and hope I can get back to normal after that?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I would try papaya tablets if you haven't already. They work great for heartburn and are supposed to help with digestion in general. I prefer the ones with papaya but the ones without work equally well. You can get them at any health food store and I have seen some at Wal-Mart stores as well.

I have a whole list of different things that also might help if you want me to email them to you.

David & Vanessa said...

I haven't had anything like that happen. When you're pregnant you definitely have more stomach activity, the gases inside often feel like your stomach is popping inside (weird description?). Does it feel like stomach pain, or is it cramping? If it's cramping it might be because you're hitting a growth spirt from your uterus growing. In the mornings my stomach is always really hard too, which I have no idea why.

I hope it gets better! Tell your doctor about it the next time you see them!