Monday, May 12, 2008

Yellowstone (the second time around)


During our move to Renton we decided to go through Yellowstone. We got out of Rexburg a little later than we had planned, so we went up to West Yellowstone, stayed the night and got an early start in the morning. I love Yellowstone. Even when I was a little girl I was overwhelmed by the whole experience. I love everything, the animals, the scenery, the smell, and all of the natural wonders. I even love to see the damage from past wildfires to see how nature repairs it's self. We were shocked to see so much snow there still. Originally we were planning on camping, but a week before we moved I got a double ear and double eye infection, so we decided not to, good thing! Every time we go through Yellowstone we are on the lookout for a Moose. Just something that you don't usually see. We saw at least 300 hundred Bison this trip, and lots of babies. Most of them were on the road, which made driving eventful. We didn't see a Moose, but we saw something just if not more exciting, we saw 2 Wolves!! We were driving behind a few cars when all of a sudden the lead car suddenly stopped. In Yellowstone that usually means that someone has seen something. We looked around and didn't see anything. We pulled over to the side of the road and got out. The people who were in front of us had gotten out too. Then I saw the wolves chasing each other up and down a rocky face of a mountain. It was really fun to see them running, and they were far enough away that I wasn't scared. We went up to Mammoth and saw some things that we didn't see on our previous trip. As we were getting ready to leave Yellowstone we ran into car problems. Our neighbors in Rexburg Adam and Jessica for a while thought we only had one car because one of the 2 always had something wrong. Well this time the passenger window rolled down about 3 inches and wouldn't roll back up. So we drove for a while that way and then I was so tired of the wind in my face I took apart a cereal box and cut it to fit over the window. It looked a little ghetto, but it go the job done. It made it to Coeur d'Alene, but by the time we got there we couldn't even shimmy the window up. We had to cover up the gap with Saran wrap and packing tape. Good grief, if it's not one thing it's 2 other!!






1 comment:

Gerber Family said...

Haha, I love the cereal box window! Adam is jealous you guys got see some wolves! It looks like you had a fun trip! Hope all is well in Seattle! Keep up updated on how things are going! We miss you guys!!