Thursday, February 07, 2008

A bird in the dryer is worth two in the bush!



Well where do I start? Since Dan and I moved in to our apartment in September our dryer never really worked well. To get our clothes dry we would have to run the dryer for at least 4 usually 5 times. We told the managers but they never got around to it. Our complex got new managers in December and the new managers got working on the dryer right away. They came in and tried to vacuum out the hose but no luck. When we finally got a repair man in we were shocked at what they found. Once back in September we tried to reach into the wall and we pulled out some sticks and a little lint. We thought that maybe someone have tried to wash something with twigs on it or something. Jokingly to the repair man we said, maybe there is a birds nest in there. Ha Ha Ha! We were right, there was a huge birds nest in the hose that went from the dryer to outside. The only way they could get it all out was with drill and huge attachment on the end that looked like a chimney sweep tool. They After about an hour they got it all out. They didn't tell us if there was a bird in with the nest, I have a suspicion that there was, but I don't really want to know. Our dryer works great now, it is amazing. Less then the whole cycle and our clothes are dry! By the way, what is in the bucket is not all they got out, it is only a little bit of it. They got most of it out from the outside of the apartment. The bucket from the inside was almost full when they finished!

7 comments:

Becky said...

What a crazy story! My dryer broke (after I had arrived in Thailand- what a drag), and it wasn't nearly as exciting... just a broken fan belt that set me back $160. Ugh. I'm glad to hear you can dry your clothes now. Meanwhile, I continue to hang dry everything over here. :)

Anonymous said...

What an interesting story. Is there a cover to the outside opening so another bird won't build a next?

Mom and Dad said...

That last comment was from Dad. I'm still trying to figure out how to post comments.

Kami said...

They said it looked like the cover had been off, but it was back on and secured now. Hopefully we won't get anymore stowaways.

Steph said...

Wow! What a story! Any idea what kind of bird it was?

Kami said...

The repair men were nice enough not to share too many details with us. Dan says we should have saved one of the feathers and Gordon could tell us what it was.

Kami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.