Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slow Down, You're Growing Too Fast!


Right now my sweet Eli is sleeping on my chest. He is not feeling well and we had a very long night. I am so grateful that he is resting now, and hopefully he will feel better this afternoon.

It is had to believe that our sweet boy has been here for almost 4 weeks. It is hard to imagine life without him here. The time has flown by and he has been an absolute pleasure to have around. He hardly ever fusses and rarely cries. He loves to talk and make noises, and we love to listen. He has a great smile and the cutest laugh. He is a very relaxed boy, just like his Daddy.

Some nights I don't want to go to sleep, because I am afraid that I am going to wake up and he is going to be all grown up. From day to day we can see him growing up, and I don't want to miss a second of it. I can't imagine not being Eli's Mom. This is the most important thing I will ever do in my life and I am loving every second of it; I just wish I could slow it down or bottle it up.



Eli snacking on Mom's chin


Daddy and Eli on our new couch!

2 comments:

Larissa B said...

Eli=adorable!!

David & Vanessa said...

He is so dang cute! I love reading about how parenthood is going. I agree, it seems like they are growing up so fast...sad.