Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun day at the Locks


On Saturday Dan and I decided to brave the gloomy looking weather and head on an adventure to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard. As we were headed out to the car it started to rain. We were determined to go, so we pressed forward. We we happy to discover that as we left Renton and entered into Seattle that there was no rain in sight, just beautiful blue skies. I guess that we were the only people brave enough to face the rain, because there were not many people out.

We were so happy for the beautiful day and the opportunity to spend some time outside in the sunshine. We saw some very beautiful boats and enjoyed walking around outside and spending time by the river. There were no fish to be seen at the fish ladder. Which is interesting because when I was there before when I was younger, there weren't any fish then either. I wonder if there are ever any fish or it is just a ploy to get people to come.


Dan liked that my little belly was sticking out the other side of the railing.





3 comments:

David & Vanessa said...

Aw how cute! (Regarding the belly picture) My husband would've said that I was squishing the baby, or breaking his arm!?? When I crouch over to pick something up he always thinks that might break the baby.

Jen said...

Fish ladder. Like fish can even use ladders. :-P

Becky said...

Oh my goodness... Only two more months! :) Your pictures are fabulous. Any chance you'll be in CDA around Christmas/New Years?