Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Traffic Report

As I was driving home from doing some running around today, on the radio it was time for a traffic report. When we first moved here the idea off checking traffic reports before you left the house was foreign to me. Even more foreign to me was the actual report. There are so many freeways and freeway intersections here that it might as well have been in Chinese, because I had no idea where the heck they were talking about. But today something amazing happened, maybe even a miracle you may say. As I was driving home listening to the traffic report, I actually understood it! I knew exactly where the accident on I-90 east near the Sammmamish exit was. I knew that traffic was heavy on 405 by Tukwila, because I had just driven through it. What a break through!This has been such a huge change for me, and for a while I was convinced that I would never figure it out. In Rexburg the only traffic jam ever was in Spring of 2007 when a trailer carrying livestock had an accident and the livestock got out. What a different world!

2 comments:

Camille English said...

Traffic! I know what your saying and to make it worse WA drivers stop or slow way down for everything!!!
I never got used to it and usually just waited for Chris, even though that was scary in and of itself.

Mom and Dad said...

I used the traffic reports a lot in Washington D.C. One thing nice about the reports was that one of the more often referred to landmarks was the Mormon Temple. Every day you would hear about the traffic, either running smoothly or that there may be a problem near the Temple.