Saturday, August 09, 2008

Point Defiance -Zoo,Aquarium and Gardens

Today we took a little trip to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, in Tacoma. It was a perfect day, mid 60's and a little overcast. It was a smaller zoo, but it was nice because we didn't feel like we had to spend all day going everywhere to get our money's worth. We saw walruses, a beluga whale, otters, penguins, reindeer, elephants, a tiger, some kind of monkey, and a lot of other animals. In the aquarium we saw a lot of fish that are native to Puget Sound. We also saw seahorses, sharks, and jelly fish.










After the Zoo we drove around the point and then stopped at the gardens and took a few pictures of the flowers. Okay, so maybe I took more than a few, but I love hydrangeas! It had just rained so the flowers had little water droplets on them, which look pretty cool in the pictures.











Dan took this last picture. He was very proud of it and I was very impressed, it is much better than any of the rose pictures that I took. We think that it might be in the running for the cover of the 2009 Shaw family calender, what do you think?

3 comments:

Steph said...

Very nice! It looks too perfect to be real!

Camille English said...

You guys are so good at taking pictures of yourself together! Hope everYthing is well and that your pregnancy is going well too!

John Benac said...

nice pics!