Sunday, April 27, 2008

Leaving Rexburg

Well I've accepted the job with Boeing, so we're moving to Renton Washington! We're very excited about it. We don't have much money to move or a place to live, but luckily Boeing is taking care of us really well. They're paying for a moving company to pack and move all our stuff, they're paying for our gas, meals, and hotels while we drive to Renton, and once we get there they're putting us up in a hotel for two weeks until we find an apartment. They also arranged to have people show us around a little and take us to some apartments in the area to help us find a place. So we're excited about it.

On the sad side, we have to leave Rexburg. It's been my home (for most of the year) for the last three years, the last two for Kami. We've enjoyed living in such a quiet community and all the things to do at BYU-Idaho. I loved going to school here and participating in the choirs, and we've both enjoyed going to concerts and shows, and all the friends we've made. I'm sure we'll be back in the future, either to visit or maybe to bring our kids to school, who knows?

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

So when are you actually leaving?

Becky said...

Good luck with your move! Moving is so stressful, but it sounds like Boeing is easing the transition. I'm excited for you both as you settle in your new home in Washington. I look forward to pictures!