Friday, April 11, 2008

Graduation and a job







Well it's all over!!! This morning was the official Brigham Young University Idaho graduation. We have really enjoyed our time here in Rexburg, and it is a little sad to see it end. Yesterday was an amazing day. Dan had his very last class of his undergraduate career in the morning, a very taxing volleyball class. When I got home from work in the afternoon he was wearing his cute little cap and gown. We talked a little bit about how excited we were and then he said "Well you know, good things come to those who wait!" I was a little confused because we weren't talking about anything like that, but I figured since he was now a college graduate he was going to start speaking metaphorically more often. Then he looked at me and said, because I got the a job offer from Boeing today. I was shocked. That was the last thing I had expected him to say. He had a phone interview with Boeing last week and hadn't thought that it had gone real well, but I guess that they liked him! After that exciting news we hurried off to a graduation banquet hosted by Kim B Clark(BYU-Idaho President) and M. Russell Ballard(Quorum of the 12 Apostles). That was amazing too!! They gave a few brief remarks and then we were off the Dan's convocation. Dan sang in a quartet, and did a great job. After the events of the day were excited to get home and rest, any more excitement for the day and we might have burst.Today was graduation. I was able to sing in the choir with Dan so we could sit together. President Clark and Elder Ballard spoke again and gave great remarks, and they weren't too long so we weren't there for 3 hours, that's important because Dan and his long legs get fidgety. It has been a very long few days and it feels like the weekend is over, but Saturday is tomorrow, can you believe it? So much has changed in the last 30 hours I can hardly believe it. We wanted so badly for Dan to graduate with a job offer, we just didn't know it would come just a few hours before he graduated. So off we go into the next phase of life. Leaving behind Rexburg and our beloved BYU-Idaho. It is a little sad, but so is life. So Seattle Washington, ready or no here we come!


My favorite pictures are Dan's serious graduate face and the last picture, finally the job offer came-Thank you Fedex man!

7 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

The graduation was a real special event. We were pleased to witness it and especially enjoyed the music. It's also exciting that Dan was offered a job.

Steph said...

Congrats on graduating & the job offer! Have you accepted and if so, when do you start?

Sarah said...

I love reading blogs, they're so great and informative... Congratulations on the job Dan!!! :o) Be sure to keep in touch!

Gerber Family said...

Congrats Dan! We are excited for you guys!

Becky said...

WOW! This is such big news! Congratulations on graduation- especially on the job! Boeing is a big deal and Seattle is a wonderful city. I am so happy for the both of you and can't wait to visit you once you get settled up in the Emerald City!

The English's said...

Bummer, it would have been nice to have someone we know over here! But congrats anyway!

Erika and Jason said...

I got the vinyl letter cutter online, but I can't remember where.