Tuesday, August 29, 2006

North Idaho Fair


Kami, her mom, and I went to the North Idaho Fair on Saturday. It's held in Coeur d'Alene at the fairgrounds. They had all sorts of food vendors, games, rides, and events. There were animal judgings for pigs, horses, goats, sheep, chickens, rabbits, and even llamas. It was a hot day, but we were able to keep cool by stopping in the shade occasionally and by drinking plenty of frozen lemonade.

Having grown up in a place where they don't have these kinds of fairs I had to ask a lot of questions, like "what do they judge pigs on? Looks?" and "what is 4H?" We had a lot of fun though. Kami and I decided next year we'll enter some photos in the photography contest, just for fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they a goofy looking couple? She looks like she is 12 years old. She is a good wrestling mate though. I should know...I miss her!!!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or are you guys sitting by the elephant ear stand?!!

Sheri

Dan said...

Yep we sure are! Your mom said "your complexions look so good together" so naturally we had to take a picture :)

Anonymous said...

What do they judge pigs on? I had fairs where I grew up and still don't know.