Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

I am up in the middle of the night, what a surprise. My day's of being pregnant are quickly coming to a close, and hopefully so are the restless nights. This evening I have been extremely anxious and very emotional, not a great combination for rest. Then, shortly before bedtime the contractions started. So here I am trying to get myself so completely exhausted that I can't help but sleep.

I have had a lot of things on my mind the last few days. New Years always brings out the reminiscing and pondering in me. What happened this last year, what surprises are ahead of us in the year to come? With our family growing and changing forever in the next few weeks, I can't help but look back on the last year of the 2 of us and feel a little bittersweet that it is over.

Here are a few highlights of 2008(In no particular order)-

-The dedication of the Rexburg Temple
-Dan singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for Music and the Spoken Word
-Dan getting the long awaited job offer from Boeing, the day before the next item
-Dan's graduation fro BYU-Idaho
-Moving from Rexburg, Idaho to Renton, Washington
-Finding out we were pregnant!!!
-Our first anniversary
-Summer trips and exploring Seattle including the Zoo, camping and baseball games
-Finding out our little baby is a boy

We are very excited for 2009. Most of all we are excited for the arrival of baby (to be announced later) Shaw. I can't tell the future, aside from the fact that we are having a baby this month, but I know that no matter what happens we are ready for the challenge. We have been so blessed, and feel lucky for all that we have. So hello 2009, we are ready for you!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It's crazy to me that this baby is coming so soon...20 days left? You still look like you should have 3 or 4 months left! I'm jealous. Keep me posted on your progress, I can't wait to meet Baby Shaw!