Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ode to the Idaho Potato


I have been lucky enough not to have had any really bad morning sickness. I have been tired, but really who isn't when they're pregnant? My smell is extremely sensitive and that sometimes makes eating interesting. One thing that I always sounds and tastes good to me is a baked potato. I love potatoes, always have, always will. But not just any potatoes, they have to be Idaho. I know some people think that there is no difference between Idaho and any other potato, but really there is. Idaho potatoes just taste so much better. Since my love affair with the Idaho potato has grown to a whole new level, I had decided to give a little time in the spotlight to this terrific tuber.


Potatoes are amazing,
Potatoes are fine,
I could eat them all the time.

They grow deep in the ground
And get really dirty
Eat them everyday and you'll live to be 130

They come in glamorous shades of brown
Some are ugly and very small
A few grow to be as big as a football.

You can have your Potato may ways.
Fried or baked and even mashed
Boiled, twice baked or made into hash

Only in Idaho can they make them this good
I have never heard of them making a dud
I don't think I could live without my Idaho Spud!

No comments: