Saturday, December 03, 2011

Hide and Seek

Those of you with kids know that raising a toddler can be extremely entertaining at times, and even laugh out loud hilarious. My problem is that there's no way I can remember all the funny things Eli does and says, so I've decided I need to capture them somewhere. This seems like a good spot, so hopefully you'll see more of this type of post in the future.

Last night I attempted to play Hide and Seek with Eli for the first time. I think he's a little unclear on the concept of "hiding" though. After taking a while to find me with several hints from mom, it was his turn to hide. Here's how it went down:

Me: "Ok, I'm going start counting now, you go and hide. 1...2...3..."
Eli: Takes two steps to the curtains and announces "Oh, here is a good hiding spot!"

Me, take 2: "...18...19...20. Ready or not, here I come!"
Eli, from the pantry: "Daaaad, you going to come find me now?"
Me, pretending I didn't hear: "Ok, now where could Eli be?"
Eli, from the pantry again: "I'm in here!!!" Then he runs out of the pantry and says "You found me!!!"


Me, take 3: "Ok I'm going to start counting again, why don't you try hiding upstairs this time? 1...2...3..."
Eli: "Actually yeah, (Eli's new favorite phrase) I'm going to hide upstairs."
Me, reaching the top of the stairs: "Where's Eli?" (You'd think I would have learned to just keep my mouth shut and look by this time!)
Eli, from his room where he is playing with toys: "I'm in here!"

Needless to say we are going to have to work on this game a little more!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

cute

Natalie Smith said...

haha...we always get funny comments when we play that game too. kids just can't take the suspense and excitement!