Friday, June 05, 2009

Alki Beach



I set goals for myself all the time. A lot of the time I don't follow through with those goals, but my intentions are good. One goal that I have set has been fairly easy to follow through with.

We don't eat lunch at home on Saturday.

After spending last summer pregnant and not wanting to do much, I decided that this summer I really wanted to experience Seattle. After the very long depressing winter that we had, everyone is ecstatic to see the sun. So to make sure that we get out, we pack a lunch and head out.

A few Saturday's ago we headed to Alki Beach. It was a beautiful sunny day. I almost felt like I was in Hawaii. The view across the sound was wonderful. In one direction you couldn't see the other side, so it was a if we were on the ocean, and on the other side you could see the Space Needle. We loved it, and are definitely going back!

1 comment:

mshaw said...

What a great goal. Definitely something to look forward to throughout the week. There is so much to do in the Seattle area too.